Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Misc Notes

Some thoughts on pastels I've used: I really like the Unisons and will be using those with my pastel pencils Faber-Castell Pitt and Conte which are a little softer. The Unisons are soft and creamy.

I first bought some basic Rembrandts - they are hard but I liked the texture look on paper. Almost wish I had a portrait set to try out.

Sennelier are very soft but with a crumbly, grainy feel and make a lot of loose particles.

I see how difficult it is to photograph the pastels. Its hard to pick up all the delicate color and you lose the pastel texture look. I think I need to throw more natural light on the paper.

1 comment:

  1. I was never a big pastel person but I liked the rembrandts...of course, I don't do the detail thing either...

    ReplyDelete