Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I can't believe its been a whole year since I last posted anything. Since last March I've still drawn at the Lit every Friday, maybe missing a few Fridays here and there, so I have a whole bunch of portraits. Instead of uploading all of them I chose 12 and bunched them into 3 large comps.

Some of the drawings were done on some cheap charcoal paper and also cheap drawing paper, both in either pencil or charcoal pencils. Both ways are interesting but have their drawbacks, pencil can't get dark enough for me but I love the smoothness, and the charcoal on cheap paper is tough to lay down exactly where you want it.

So now I'm back to Canson Mi-tientes with charcoal and a litle white, and hope to add some red soon for that Old Masters look! (ha).

No comments:

Post a Comment